Mainers for Accountable Leadership and the Be a Hero campaign are teaming up to tell Susan Collins to #StopKavanaugh. Unless she rejects his nomination, we’re going to fund her opponent. We’ve already raised over $160,000 in pledges, and we’re just getting started.
As an organizer, your primary responsibility will be to mobilize, recruit, train, and manage our members and volunteers to contact Maine voters, to organize phone banks, and to build a grassroots campaign from the ground up that will grow into a machine that can defeat Senator Collins in 2020 unless she does the right thing.
Your primary responsibility will be to plan, recruit for, and manage regular recurring volunteer phone banks to recruit volunteers, and secure pledges and contributions for the campaign. You will be responsible for managing our campaign data and phone lists, and preparing regular reports on the volunteer activities you’ve managed. Additionally, you will be included in planning canvasses, rallies, events, and trainings. You will be an integral part of our collaborative social media team, and involved in every aspect of our online campaigns.
· Strong volunteer recruitment and organizing skills. At least one cycle of organizing experience in an issue campaign or an election campaign preferred.
· Comfort with organizing data and using database software. Experience with VAN/Votebuilder and Action Network a plus.
· Demonstrated ability and passion for building relationships within the progressive community.
· Must be highly organized, relentlessly detail-oriented, and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word and Excel) and Google Apps (Google Docs and Drive).
· Must have access to a vehicle and be able to travel locally and within the state. Must be willing to work campaign hours, including evenings and weekends.
All positions with MFAL may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply.
MFAL is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a racially diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace.
Contact to apply.